Tuesday, October 11, 2011

100, and looking fabulous!

Here's my second card for the same 100-year-old grandpa (if you missed yesterday's, click here):



I've been seeing these rolled-up-paper-candles around, and thought I would give them a try.  It's super-easy! I used a lollipop stick to make sure that the rolls would all be the same size, but varied the lengths a bit...

Since the candles were eye-catching enough, I kept the rest of the card pretty simple.  The "100" is from PTI's "fresh alphabet" set (it's my sister's, but I don't know when she'll be getting it back, ha!) and "looks good on you" is from "big birthday wishes."



Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome! I love the candles! What a accomplishment for you and your Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one. So classic and clean, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card! I'm going to have to try to make some of these candles....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen candles like this, but they are really terrific. If it anything more than just rolling up paper, perhaps you could post a link to a tutorial for those of us artistically challenged folks. I'm sure grandpa will be happy with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card, I'm going to have to bookmark [read PIN] and CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. I haven't seen these candles before. Do love them. I like your choice for the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena, this is such a great idea. I have never seen these candles before.

    ReplyDelete