Monday, October 3, 2011

CAS-ual friday - feeling loopy!

I'm playing along with the current challenge over at Cas-ual Fridays this morning!  The challenge is "feeling loopy" - which is how I felt the whole time I was making this card.  Seriously, you know when you can feel your body fighting something off?  That kind of loopy.

For a different kind of loopy, here's my card, complete with a loop of twine:


I stamped my vanilla card base with different images from the PTI "harvest berries set" in old olive ink (SU).  I then stamped the envelope pattern background stamp (hero arts) over the whole thing in dusty durango ink (I stamped off on scrap paper first - and I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've ever used this color!)


My tag was cut with PTI's tag sale 1 die, and stamped with the hero arts houndstooth background stamp.  I stamped the sentiment (also from harvest berries) and 2 little acorns from the fall tag its set (also PTI).  Because the card base and the tag both have busy patterns, I added a brown lattice die-cut layer to break it up a bit.


I like the delicate twine loop :)


Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Elena! I love the die cut behind your tag-- what brand is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, making me wish I ordered this set. Hope your not too loopy anymore .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work with those background stamps!!! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Elena! Seriously , a lot of work went into that card and it shows! Love the lattice behind the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you stamped the gingko leaves. The background stamp is to die for. Need to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I hope your are feeling better by now. You certainly were on top of your game when you made this card. So much detail, and so stunning. I'm pinning to copy, and I think I have everything I need, except the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous. Love that hounds tooth tag!
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamping is beautiful and I love the tag!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo beautiful!! Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP. Beautiful, beautiful card. Love those colors. Perfect balance. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card! Love the design and stamped background and that loopy twine loop is perfect :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete