Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter birthday wishes.

I'm going to keep the writing short and sweet since I'm still a bit hopped up on Nyquil, head-swimming from hearing dry coughing in stereo sound...

Our latest Papertrey Princess challenge is to create a birthday card.  Awesome, since my dad and my sister have birthdays coming up in a few weeks, and I'm pretty sure my mom will be contacting me to create their birthday cards *wink.*


I used the "lost & found Christmas" paper-pack, from My Mind's Eye - aren't they so rich and cozy looking? The sentiment is from PTI's "in the meadow," and the mug and spoon images are from Paper Smooches' "hot concoctions" set.  To add to the cozy feel of the card, I distressed the edge of my white mat, beneath all the patterned paper, and sponged all the edges in "vintage photo" distress ink.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. I love the color combo. and the layout of your card. Perfect for a winter birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS cozy looking, andd all those patterns are working so well together. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovly card. Cute card. The diestressing on those beautiful papers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm feel this card conveys. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are under the weather. It doesn't look to have affected your creative abilities. This is such a warm, cozy birthday card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is fabulous, Elena! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the distressing on this card! Fabulous! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this , makes me want coffee and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty!! love the raggedy edges!!

    ReplyDelete