Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the cram-it-in-before-christmas post.

this is the one where I share more than I should in one post.

no time for chatter - let's jump in, shall we?



First up: teacher gifts and MIM tags.  Oh, and some chalkboard art.  No holiday is complete in our home without a decorative chalkboard... I mean, if we're being honest, that wall-of-chalk is as much for me as it is the kids...


Back to the tags.  I used PTI's tag sale 5 die to cut these tags, and they open up to reveal a little christmas message to each teacher in Thomas' preschool.  The tags themselves are all 1 layer tags.  I had fun using masks and layering stamps to make it interesting, but still non-bulky.



I created 4 designs, and made the little gingerbread tag twice - he's so cute :)


Inside the jars?  A homemade hot chocolate mix, topped with a layer of milk chocolate chunks, mint chocolate, and chopped up candy canes, topped with a layer of jumbo marshmellows - yum!


Thomas also gave each of his little friends a tasty treat - and I don't know if this exists on any blog out there, but I think it's pretty genius.  I made some gingerbread cookies, then melted some hersey's candy cane kisses and spread a layer of the melted chocolate on each cookie.  The mint and gingerbread combo is delicious!  And they look so festive  - although the color scheme is a bit girly for Thomas to be handing out... I only thought about it afterwards... hee.


Not to be outdone, Sofia filled 22 of these long cello bags with holiday-colored jelly beans.


The toppers were simple enough that she could actually do the work all by herself (except the stapling).  I think she did fantastic!

If you made it all the way through, whew!  Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts.Grat idea to melt kisses for an icing. How did you ice your trees so perfectly?
    I see you have a future stamper there. Your daughter did an excellent job.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all wonderful, Elena! That cookie idea is genius and I love your one layer tags-- fabulous job with the masking! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, these treats all look so professionally packaged! I love the little cello bags with jelly beans! That cookie topping sounds delicious! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun gifts, Elena!!! I love the hot chocolate jars and those cellobags with jelly beans are too cool!! Where do you get the bags? I have never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. You can never have enough pictures for me. Esp when I get to see those sweet little ones of yours. Sofia did such a great job. I think I like hers the best, because she did them herself! Although, your tags, and Thomas' cookies are super cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome...all of it!! love the chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great ideas...the tags are just perfect, especially when you need to make more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy ! Love all your sweet tags,each one is thoughtful and cute. I love your daughters gifts and the tags she made, tell her great job! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your awesome tags! Great gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so super talented! I really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, and such variety! Personalized is always best! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete