Monday, October 14, 2013

yummy thanksgiving place-cards.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

I know I am too late to inspire my Canadian friends this year, but you Americans still have a month to think about pretty-ing up your thanksgiving table.  I don't usually go overboard.  Last year I gathered twigs and hot-glued them together as a stand for very simple place-cards. This year, I was in the mood for something yummier:

happy thanksgiving!


Pumpkin cookies, matching stamps and some washi tape.   It's a simple design, but I didn't want to make anything fussy or very time-consuming this year.

happy thanksgiving!

For the stamped pumpkins, I computer-generated the names and used lawn fawn stamps and dies (click here!)

happy thanksgiving!

My cookies are so simple.  But I'm thrilled at how much cleaner my piping looks!  I tried out some texture on a few of them, but made this simple version for most of them.  My friend Marlyn (Montreal Confections) taught me everything I know so far - here's the tutorial for how to make the royal icing:



We have so much to be thankful for this year!  Cheers to counting our blessings, and stuffing our faces full of turkey, sweet potatoes and apple pie.

♥.


12 comments:

  1. A yummy mix of stamping and sugar - definitely got my mouth watering! Happy Thanksgiving Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Elana, love the scattered leaves and polka dot napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Elena! I can see that you'll be celebrating in style! Lovely place setting, room for one more? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies are perfect Elena! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great do those cookies look!! I especially love the textured one you you did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! What a great project. Cute AND sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family would love these on our Thanksgiving table! Super project, and those cookies should be in BH&G! Hope your holiday was wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are so fabulous, Elena! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
    I have a question though.... how did you make the sections on your pumpkin cookies? I have some baked and in the freezer, but I want to ice them next week for the pumpkin party I'm hosting for my Sunday School class....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check out this link: http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/2012/09/the-great-pumpkin-cookie-makeover/

      Delete
  9. Those look great. I may do them for my son's class.

    ReplyDelete