Friday, March 20, 2015

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}

Hi there! We're winding down the Mama Elephant March stamp highlights with Potted Pretties.

I've already posted a mini card set, and a cactus with a punny sentiment.

I have a few more things to show you:

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}

Whichever of my 2 sisters delivers a baby first gets this card. Ha. One is due in April and the other in June. I hope the order keeps.

I used a sunray stencil to sponge on the light brown ink, and then grounded my main image onto white circle die-cuts.

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}


I can't wait to see how other crafters will color the flowers. I was stuck on blue for the "dad" flower for awhile...

I also made a few tags:

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}

I took a more artsy approach with these.

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}


It was accidental on this tag. I had finished coloring the peeking flowers, and then just took a light copic (E000) to outline the image and give it some pop. I guess it was over-filled because it leaked a huge droplet right onto the tag! Oh well, I was ready to scrap it. But then I kind of liked the hazy quality it gave the image. I held the marker over the tag and let it drip where it wanted to and then gave a wash of color over the whole thing. It's a very fun look!

The banner sweeping across is from the Sweet Havana die set.

potted pretties {mama elephant stamp highlight}

Isn't this tag so soft and pretty? Amazing what stamping in a lighter color can do. I stamped it in a light greay memento ink and colored it in, adding some detail to the leaves at the end.

I hope you like Potted Pretties as much as I do! Visit the ME blog today to see more - click!

6 comments:

  1. Love the rays just makes you happy and the tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stamps! and especially like how it turned out with grey ink. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek your card and tags are absolutely adorable! I love the no-line coloring! I've been wanting to get a light copic-friendly ink to try this technique. And I'm happy you didn't scrap the first tag, I think it came out perfect! I absolutely love this set and I cannot wait to ink it up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet...love the star burst pattern behind the cuties.

    ReplyDelete