Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Color challenge (for Ellen Hutson)

Hi there!

I have a pretty card to share today, made with goodies from the Ellen Hutson store.  I created a card using this color palette as my inspiration:


I just want to say, I am terrible with colors. I had to keep asking my daughter if the colors I was choosing were a match. At the end of it, she threw her hands up and said "good enough." ha.

You'll let me know what you think:

a floral hello (for Ellen Hutson)


I used Neat and Tangled's Friendly Florals set, and fit together not only the flower clusters but some of the extra blooms to create a fullness around the cut-out (especially at the top.)

I used the new Avery Elle watercolors to paint a background on the base layer, and then used Neat and Tangled's Hello Winter to heat-emboss the greeting in the middle.

a floral hello (for Ellen Hutson)

I flecked lighter and darker inks over the purple/blue watercolored background, and added white gel pen highlights to the flowers.

I hope you like my take on the color board inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful!It is perfect.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, love these colors and the blue scallop circle really makes the flowers pop nicely!

    ReplyDelete